PURPOSE OF JOB
This inbound Technical Support position is a front line Call Centre role that will help to troubleshoot computer hardware, peripheral and software related issues. This role requires applying a systematic review, accurate diagnosis and problem solving of hardware and software related issues. The Technical Support CSR will utilize information on file or through previous experience to respond to technical inquiries of basic to medium complexity from Customers. Complex inquiries are forwarded to a higher point of escalation. The objective of this position is to provide the highest level of customer service and enhance the product ownership experience through the resolution of technical related issues. This is a work at home position situated in Laval, QC
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Receives inbound calls from front line Customer Service Associates for advanced troubleshooting of technical products using defined problem solving methodology
• Check for existing case information through internal applications
• Constructs individual case reference files and updates case management data base / logs, documents new case or updates case information
• Document product concerns; track and forward to Team Manager
• Diagnose problem using listening and probing skills to determine root cause.
• Provide information, data and direction as required.
• Research for relevant product / repair information.
• Perform follow ups on existing cases and close cases as appropriate.
• Supports specified, limited line of technical products using defined problem solving methodology
• Diagnoses end user problems using systematic listening and probing approach
• Consults internal tools, computerized data base, manuals, circulars or internal resources for information on resolution procedures
• Provides information and direction as required for simple problem resolution
• Initiates dispatch procedure for hardware pickup / shipment as appropriate for limited product line
• Review updates regularly to remain current with product offerings
• Is required to remain current on new developments and changes through ongoing circular, e-mail, manual review; attends training up dates as required by industry certifications or company requirement
• Conducts limited suggestive selling of client service and support line products
KNOWLEDGE / SKILL REQUIREMENTS
• Excellent communication (oral and written), interpersonal, organizational, and presentation skills.
• Professional and courteous manner.
• Ability to work independently and within a Team environment.
• Ability to multi-task and work in a very fast paced environment.
• Extraordinary customer service orientation
• Must be adaptable to change
• Proven incident and problem solving (troubleshooting) skills with an emphasis on a timely resolution
• Ability to coordinate and communicate effectively with other business partners to maintain exceptional high service levels in a demanding environment
• Maintains constructive working relationships despite differing perspectives
• Ability to negotiate skillfully in difficult situations with both internal and external groups
• Thinks critically and anticipates, recognizes, identifies and develops solutions to problems in a timely manner
• Ability to take initiative with strong learning skills and easily adapts to new or different changing situations, requirements or priorities
• Computer literate with Windows and MAC based Operating Systems experience.
• A+ Certification preferred
• Technical understanding of Internet, search engine, and networking required.
• Familiar with AS400 environment
• Familiar with Ruscomp or similar ticketing applications
• Proficient using MS Office, excel, word, PowerPoint, etc.
• Strong working knowledge of computer hardware and software issues
• Bi-Lingual English/French preferred.
• Familiarity with remote diagnostic software.
• 1 year of help desk or 1 year technical troubleshooting plus a minimum of 2 years customer service experience preferred.
• High school
Staples is committed to providing accommodation to people with disabilities throughout the job application and interview process to the point of undue hardship. If you require an accommodation during the application or interview process, please contact a Customer Care Representative at 1-866-782-7537