Staples Business Advantage is the contract business-to-business division of Staples, working with companies of 20 or more employees to develop customized programs with specialized pricing, dedicated account management, and a complete assortment of products and services at a low total delivered cost. In addition to a complete selection of office products, Staples Advantage offers: Business Interiors by Staples, Staples Technology Solutions, Staples Facility Solutions, Staples Print Solutions and Staples Promotional Products
PURPOSE OF JOB
Manage all activities of the Technology Department, including maintenance of service guidelines, resolution of customer concerns and carrying out commitment to customer satisfaction.
The National Sales Manager, Technology (NSMT) is responsible for managing our Technology Specialists across Canada to deliver sales and margin results for both our Commercial and Enterprise market. Activities include recruiting and hiring, territory and coverage model development and assignment, coaching and developing of specialists in field, ensuring specialist product knowledge is maintained and up to date, participating in sales calls and coaching specialists to delivery monthly sales activity and results and managing team to company and
The National Sales Manager, Technology identifies, recruits, interviews, manages, coaches, develops and performance manages assigned Specialists.
The National Sales Manager, Technology helps to grow and support relationships with vendors, industry contacts as well as internally with the sales management, business development organizations along with marketing and merchandising teams.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Helps to develop fiscal business plans and budgets related to technology sales, including sales and gross margin targets.
- Maintains accountability to achieve goals as related to divisional budget requirements in the area of sales, salaries, employee relations and incentives.
- Develops and maintains strong supplier relationships with preferred vendors.
- Develops and maintains strong client relationships for ongoing opportunities.
- Recruits, trains and manage a highly competent and productive group of department associates.
- Responsible for ensuring superior customer service standards are met and maintained by department staff.
- Provides continuous improvement initiatives related to all areas and phases of the technology lines of business.
- Exercises independent judgment and responsibility for the profitability of resale orders.
- Creates and maintains an environment that promotes excellent communications within the department as well as fostering teamwork with all sales staff.
- Develops and strengthens working relationships with internal departments
- Co-ordinates general information for Technology catalogue inserts, flyers, marketing campaigns, monthly key focus activities and on-going projects
- Create and manage ongoing training programs for sales and department personnel; including accountability to SFDC utilization and Optimum Performance tools
- Perform other duties as required including specific project management.
- Recruit, train, develop and performance manage BDMs and AMs.
- Develop and execute sales plans
- Provides guidance on goals and objectives through clear, effective, timely and constructive feedback to employees.
- The duties and responsibilities listed above are representative of the nature and levels of the work assigned and are not necessarily all-inclusive.
KNOWLEDGE / SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Able to interface internally to the company with tact and diplomacy
- Ability to set targets and design growth plans
- Ability to coach, performance manage, lead, motivate, and manage for results
- Ability to interface at the most senior levels at a customer
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to multi-task
- Strong verbal, written, and presentation skills
- Strong interpersonal and customer relation skills
- Strong business, financial, operations, and technical acumen
- Demonstrates consultative selling skills
- Demonstrates strong teambuilding attributes
- Computer literacy, including above average competency in Excel, Word, Outlook & PowerPoint
- Strong negotiation skills with proven closing ability.
- Demonstrated ability to balance multiple projects involving large revenues and a high degree of complexity
- Experience coaching for results, good organizational skills and demonstrated positive leadership style
- Creative selling, project management skills and strategic planning ability required.
- Superior time management and organizational skills
- Ability to function independently with little or no supervision as well as working effectively in a team environment
- Supervisory skills an asset
- Strong knowledge and understanding of telesales and the sales planning process.
- Strong computer literacy (experience with CRM tool such as Salesforce.com an asset)
- Minimum 2-3 years sales experience penetrating or maintaining accounts; supervisory or management experience preferred
- Minimum of five years industry or sales experience
- Previous office product industry experience is helpful
- Post secondary education in business related discipline – Diploma or Degree preferred
Staples is committed to providing accommodation to people
with disabilities throughout the job application and interview process to the
point of undue hardship. If you require an accommodation during the
application or interview process, please contact a Customer Care Representative